MD, PhD, Facharzt (Austria)
Dr. Stephan Ortner is an Austrian Board certified Facharzt for Traumatology/Orthopedics with over 18 years of experience. After studying Biology/Genetics and Medicine he received his training at the University Clinics for Orthopedics and Traumatology at the General Hospital Vienna.
Before he moved to Dubai in 2011 he gained knowledge in his field as a consultant in other major hospitals (Landesklinikum Wr. Neustadt and Landesklinikum Baden) in Austria.
With a great thirst for knowledge, Dr. Stephan is frequently attending scientific meetings and training courses so that his clinical offering are the very best available.
Although a superb Orthopaedic Surgeon, Dr. Stephan exhausts non-invasive or conservative therapy prior to offering surgery. With a background in genetics and biology, he has been successfully applying this knowledge in the area of regenerative medicine for his patients.
His surgical interest spans from treating fractures in adults and children, tendon injuries and wounds to arthroscopic surgeries of the knee including ACL, cartilage, and meniscus injury.
University Clinics, General Hospital Vienna
Doctor of Medicine, MD
Medical University Vienna, 2001
Medical University Vienna 1993-2001
Doctor Biology/Genetics, PhD
University Vienna, Faculty Naturwissenschaften, 1995
Biology/Genetics studies 1986-1991
- Treatment of fractures/dislocations of the extremities in children and adults (conservative and operative)
- PRP / Stem Cell / Plasma injections for osteoarthritis treatment and inflammatory disorders like rotator cuff problems, Tennis elbow, Achilles tendinitis, plantar fasciitis and patella tendinitis, non-operative meniscus care.
- Treatment of tendon/ligament injuries and ganglions
- Treatment of most musculoskeletal disorders (conservative and operative)
- Arthroscopy of the knee (cartilage, meniscus and ACL)
- High tibial osteotomy
- Joint replacement hip and knee.
- Conservative treatment of back pain
- Surgeries of ankle and food
- Treatment of sports injuries in adults and children
- Use of REPULS Light Therapy, a highly successful noninvasive treatment option for most kinds of pain, inflammation and wound healing disorders