General Surgery, SIUMB
Dr Mazzei obtained his Medical Degree in Faculty of Medicine and Surgery at the University of Messina – “G Martino” Italy scoring 110/110 in October 2005. He completed his post-graduate studies in general surgery, scoring 50/50 and distinction at Messina University, Italy. Starting from October 2017 to present he was appointed as trusted doctor by the Consulate General of Italy in Dubai.
Dr Mazzei worked as a specialist general surgeon
in different and relevant public Italian hospitals
(Milan and Lecco). He also worked, for a long time, in one of the most well reputed wound care department,
in Monza (Italy) treating patients with diabetic foot and vascular ulcers performing different kind of surgical procedures (toe amputation, free skin graft, skin homograft, dermal substitutes with hyaluronic acid
and different kind of dermal substitutes with mesenchymal stem cells
, fibroblast, keratinocytes, PRP, and so on) and using other technique as NPWT. He performed more than 1000 surgical procedure for wound care in his career. He had several publications about wound care treatment and tissue engineering. He has been co-investigator many international studies
about wound care and wound healing using advance dressings and treatments.
He has been appointed as trusted doctor by the Consulate General of Italy in Dubai starting from October 2017.
Dr Mazzei is licensed and practices in Dubai.
Education and Certifications
- Postgraduate Diploma in General Surgery, scoring 50/50 and distinction. Thesis entitled” The robotic surgery among present, past and future. Personal experience”. October, 2011
- Enabling national ultrasonography. Italian Society for Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology (SIUMB). May, 2008
- Degree in Medicine, scoring 110/110. Thesis entitled ”Politrauma, diagnostic and therapeutic approach in an emergency case. University of Messina – “G Martino” Italy. October, 2005
- S Canonico; F Campitiello; A Della Corte, V Padovano; S Giannini, D Luciani, P Capra, R Brambilla, S Mazzei, L Deotto, S Chiarenza, F Corbetta, M Romanelli, V Dini, S Barbanera, S Gasperini. Therapetic possibilities of portable NPWT. Initial multidisciplinary observation with the negative pressure therapy device. Acta Vulnologica 2012. Volume 10 – n 2 – Giugno 2012; 10 57-66.
- Mazzei S, Famà F, Vindigni A, Villari SA, Gioffrè Florio MA. Major emergency management in ship collusion. Ann Ital Chir. 2008 Sep-Oct;79(5):321-5
- F Famà, V Barresi, G Giuffrè, P Todaro, S Mazzei, A Vindigni, MA Gioffrè- Florio. Unusual secondary localization of b chronic lymphatic leukaemia in the breast. A case report. Tumori 2008 Jul-Aug; 94(4):617-20
- MA Gioffrè Florio, F Famà, G Gullo, S Mazzei, A Pollicino, P Scarfò, A Vindigni. L’utilizzo della chirurgia radioimmunoguidata nella nostra esperienza. Ann Ital Chir. 2007 Sep-Oct;78(5):433-7. Italian
- F Famà, MA Gioffrè Florio, SA Villari, R Caruso, V Barresi, S Mazzei, A Pollicino, P Scarfò. Breast abnormalities: a retrospective study of 208 patients. Chirurgia Italiana 2007; 59 (4): 499-506.
- Maria Antonietta Gioffrè Florio, Fausto Famà, Grazia Gullo, Giancarlo Buccheri, Sergio Mazzei. Gunshot wounds. Our experience. Chir Ital 2006;58, 6: 779-783
Abstract – speaker
- Mazzei, Alessandro Ticozzi, LD Deotto, S Chiarenza A Perego, R Brambilla. Negative pressure and grafts dermal-epidermal. meeting Co.r.Te. Giardini naxos (Me) 7-9 March 2013
- Mazzei. The therapy with allogeneic dermal substitutes. 2° National congress of SIFCS – Catania 8-10 november 2012.
- Mazzei, LD Deotto, A Perego, S Chiarenza, F Corbetta, R Brambilla. negative pressure for the treatment of difficult ulcers . 11° AIUC Rimini 26-29 September 2012
- Teacher “theoretical and practical course of bandages and dressings” – ICZ 17 May - 07 june – 21 June – 13 September – 25 October 2012 – Monza
- Bramanti C, Arco A, Murabito LM, Villari SA, Mazzei S, Famà F, Gioffrè-florio MA, Venuti A. Cell cultures from benign breast disease: towards the identification of mammary stem cells. 7 National congress SPCG. Villach 20-22 May 2010.
- Mazzei S, Tagliabue F, Acquaro P, Confalonieri G, Romelli A, Costa M. Laparoscopic treatment of pancreatic incidentalomas. 7 National congress SPCG Villach 20-22 May 2010.PATH Course (Program for the advancement of therapy in Hepatocellular Carcinoma), 23-25 March 2009, Nazional Cancer Istitute, Milan
- A. Villari, S. Mazzei, F. Famà, A. Vindigni, C. Linard, A. Baradello, R. Dattola, M.A. Gioffrè-Florio. Pressure Ulcers in Neurological Chronic Patients: Our Experience XXI national congress SPIGC Perugia 15-18 june 2008
- F. Famà, D. Venuti, S.A. Villari, C. Linard, Mazzei,G. Costantino, G. Bellinghieri, M.A. Gioffrè-Florio. Quality of Life and Socioeconomic Variables Before and after Kidney Transplantation: Results from a Longitudinal Study. XXI national congress SPIGC Perugia 15-18 june 2008
- Mazzei, S.A. Villari, F. Famà, C. Linard, M.A. Gioffrè-Florio. Diabetic Foot: Unsuitable Admission to Emergency Care Unit. XXI National congress SPIGC Perugia 15-18 june 2008
- A.Villari, S Mazzei, F. Famà, A. Vindigni, M.A. Gioffrè-Florio, A. Venuti. Incidence and mortality for multiple trauma in the emergency room: The Golden Hour in diagnostics as a quality index. 5 Seminary. Riccione 15-17 May 2008.
- A.Villari, S Mazzei, F. Famà, A. Vindigni, A. Beccaria, M.A. Gioffrè-Florio, A. Venuti. Incidence, diagnosis and treatment of maxillofacial trauma observed 5 Seminary Riccione 15-17 May 2008S.
- Villari, S Mazzei, F. Famà, A. Vindigni, A. Buccheri, M.A. Gioffrè-Florio, A. Venuti. The evaluation and treatment of polytrauma at the emergency room. 5 Seminary Riccione 15-17 May 2008
- Vindigni, S Mazzei, F Famà, AS Villari, C Linard, MA Gioffrè Florio. Impalement injuries. A report of three cases. Abstract SPIGC Congress, Naples 08-10 Novembre 2007- Eur Surg Res 2008; 40: 107.
- AS Villari, F Famà, S Mazzei, A Vindigni, C Linard, MA Gioffrè Florio. Gastrointestinal bleeding in emergency care unit. A retrospective study of one-single institution. Abstract SPIGC Congress, Naples 08-10.11.07- Eur Surg Res 2008; 40:76-7
- S Mazzei, F Famà, A Vindigni, AS Villari, C Linard, MA Gioffrè Florio. A single one institution experience in ship collision. Abstract SPIGC Congress, Naples 08-10 Novembre 2007- Eur Surg Res 2008; 40: 95-96
- F Famà, A Piquard, O Saint Marc, C Linard, S Mazzei, AS Villari, A Vindigni, MA Gioffrè Florio. Unusual cause of massive lower gastrointestinal bleeding. Abstract SPIGC Congress, Naples 08-10 Novembre 2007-Eur Surg Res 2008; 40: 90
- F Famà, A Piquard, O Saint Marc, C Linard, S Mazzei, MA Gioffrè Florio. Caudal non-functioning pancreatic endocrine neoplasia (PEN) presented as a cystic lesion. A case report. Abstract SPIGC Congress, Naples 08-10 Novembre 2007- Eur Surg Res 2008; 40:90.
- S Mazzei, G Mosti, A Collarte, V Dini, S Bahr, A Coulborne, C Hampel-Kalthoff, C Zell, R Brambilla, M Habel. Result of an observational study on thirteen mixed or arterial leg ulcer patients with a new two-component-system (TCS). EWMA 2013. Copenhagen 15-17 May 2013.
- S Chiarenza; S. Mazzei, A Ticozzi, , S Bertozzi, LD Deotto R Brambilla. Use of the iodoform gauze in dibridement ulcers 3° meeting Co.r.Te. Giardini Naxos (Me) 7-9 March 2013.
- S Mazzei, G Mosti, A Collarte, V Dini, S Bahr, A Coulborne, C Hampel-Kalthoff, C Zell, R Brambilla, M Habel. First results of an observation study in 80 leg ulcer patients with a new Two-Compression-System (TCS). Wound UK 2012. WCC, Harrogate. 12-14 Nov 2012.
- Mazzei, S Chiarenza, LD Deotto, A Perego, F Corbetta, R Brambilla. Technological innovation in the debridement of acute and chronic injuries. 11° National congress AIUC Rimini 26-29 Sep 2012.
- Mazzei, S Chiarenza, LD Deotto, A Perego, F Corbetta, R Brambilla. Dermal substitutes: use in vulnology. Indications and limitations. 11° National congress AIUC Rimini 26-29 Sep 2012.
- S Chiarenza, LD Deotto, A Perego, S Mazzei, F Corbetta, R Brambilla. Hydrocellular dressing with silicone adhesive. Our experience 11° National congress AIUC Rimini 26-29 Sep 2012.
- Mazzei, P Acquaro, F. Tagliabue, M Chiarelli, G. Confalonieri, A. Romelli, M. Costa. Spontaneuous cholecystocoutaneous fistula. A case report. 23rd National Congress of the Italian Society of Young Surgeon (SPIGC). June 20-23, 2010. Forlì.
- Mazzei, F. Tagliabue, P Acquaro, M Chiarelli, M Origi, G. Confalonieri, A. Romelli, M. Costa. Gallbladder metastasis of renal cell carcinoma. A case report. 23rd National Congress of the Italian Society of Young Surgeon (SPIGC). June 20-23, 2010. Forlì.
- Tagliabue F, Acquaro P, Confalonieri G, Romelli A, Mazzei S, Costa M. Conservative management of blunt hepatic and splenic trauma. “1° World Congress. July 1-2, 2010. Bologna. Italy.
- Battiston C., Mazzei S., Mazzaferro V Laparoscopic ultrasonography in the staging of liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinoma 27 Marzo 2009. Milano.
- Beccaria A, Cucinotta F, Caruso A, Estollere C, Famà F, Malara C, Mazzei S, Placanica P, Versace AG, Vindigni A, Foti CD, La Torre N, Di Maio G, Schlesinger S, Gioffrè Florio M.Incidence of vascular emergencies XXXV. SICUT 2007. Naples. 6-8 Dicember 2007
- Beccaria A, Cucinotta F, Caruso A, Estollere C, Famà F, Malara C, Mazzei S, Placanica P, Versace G, Vindigni A, Armaleo F, Gioffrè Florio M. I maxillo-facial trauma in in First aid in University Hospital of Messina, XXXV Congresso Nazionale SICUT 2007. Naples 6-8 Dicember 2007
- Famà F., Mazzei S., Baldanza G., Barbaro E., Foti D., Di Pietro C.,La Torre N., Romano C., Schlesinger S., Gioffrè-Florio M.A. Acute pain in emergency in the elderly XXXIV Cong. SICUT Ancona 16-18 November 2006
- Mazzei S., Famà F., Beccaria A., Cucinotta F., Estollere C., Malara C., Placanica P., Versace G.,Gioffrè-Florio M.A. Evaluation of data on mortality in emergency room of polytrauma. XXXIV Cong. SICUT Ancona 16-18 November 200
- Famà F, Mazzei S., Beccaria A., Cucinotta F., Foti D., Malara C., Gioffrè-Florio M.A. Facilities for emergency and immigration. XXXIV Cong. SICUT Ancona 16-18 Novembre 2006